Understanding the Difference: Self Employed vs Entrepreneur
When it comes to working for oneself, there are two distinct paths to consider: self-employment and entrepreneurship. While these terms may seem similar, they have significant differences in terms of roles, responsibilities, and goals. Let’s explore the characteristics of each and gain a better understanding of the unique aspects of self-employment and entrepreneurship.
Let’s dive deeper into each path and explore the advantages, challenges, and key considerations for individuals pursuing these career choices.
Mario Diaz has always had a passion about discovering the universe. His dream is to become an astronaut.
The path to his dream hasn’t always been easy. As a young boy, Mario was bullied throughout elementary and middle school because he seemed different. Mario never let his learning disabilities and vision impairment get in the way of being creative. He never paid attention to the negative comments from his fellow students, who would call him weirdo, nerd, and other names. He just continued to follow his dreams and never let the negativity affect his success.
Mario has a tremendous support group at home. They have always encouraged him to pursue his dreams. His mom, dad, sister, and other family members push Mario to finish his education and continue his pathway towards his career in astronomy. His counselor at Madison High school is currently working with Mario to strengthen his skills in an office environment. The goal is to help Mario with following instructions and improving his social skills. The support he receives from both home and school motivates Mario to become more creative with his endeavors.
Possibilities Supports Solomon’s Porch Light
Tuesdays – Saturdays
9am – 4pm
WAYS YOU CAN HELP AND SUPPORT?
You Can Help By Donating
By Visiting The Possibilities Ebay Store
Possibilities is an Online Auction Store located in Humble, Texas. We strive in providing you a hassle free online solution that allows you to get cash for your unwanted new or used items. All proceeds are donated to the Non-Profit organization Solomon’s Porch Light
Find Our Social Media
Mario has achieved many accomplishments:
- Mario has built Lego replicas of the space station.
- Manages his own YouTube channel (LegoSonicFan17) which has accumulated over 1.3 million views.
- Writes and illustrates his own Sci-Fi comic books, creating characters and dialogue for his stories that are funny and unique.
- Has received multiple awards in middle and high school for his creations in astronomy.
Mario is currently attending Madison High school and is expected to graduate in 2022 at the top of his class. After graduation, Mario plans to continue his education by attending a community college and transferring to the University of Houston. He plans to major in Aeronautics. He has also applied to be an intern at NASA, (NASA’s High School Aerospace Scholars, and an authentic STEM learning experience for Texas High Schools).
Texas Parent to Parent (TxP2P) is committed to improving the lives of Texas children and adults with disabilities, chronic and mental health conditions and other health care needs. TxP2P empowers families to be strong advocates through parent-to-parent support, resource referral, and education
Partners Resource Network (PRN) is a non-profit agency that operates the Texas statewide network of Parent Training and Information (PTIs) Centers serving parents of children and youth with disabilities ages of 0-26 as well as youth self-advocates ages 14-26. PTIs are funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP).
Family to Family strives to provide programs that empower families of children & youth with disabilities as they navigate the complex special education, health care and disabilities services systems.
Family to Family Network helps individuals with disabilities and their family members define and achieve success for themselves and their loved ones. Through guidance and training of parents and young adults, we transform lives by helping them discover possibilities, see the potential and advocate for what they need to achieve their dreams. Our organization helps families to see potential where others see barriers. By changing attitudes and mindsets about disabilities, our organization changes lives to make sure every individual gets to live THEIR best life.
To promote wellness, enriching the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
1) Providing community outreach, education, and awareness on behalf of the disability community to families, schools, businesses, adult services organizations, and other community organizations;
2) Participating in national, state, and local legislative and systems advocacy to ensure that children with disabilities have access to a free, appropriate education in the least restrictive environment; and that adults with disabilities have access to community-based, integrated employment and supports;
3) Supporting the structure and cohesion of families who have members with intellectual and developmental disabilities; and
4) Providing life-enhancing integrated activities and experiences for those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Get in Touch
Find us at the office
1016 North Houston Ave. Suite A
Humble, Texas 77338
Give us a ring
Mon - Fri, 9:00am - 4:00pm